Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HELLLLOOOOOO out there!!

Hello everyone - or no one. I'm not sure if you folks are even checking for new posts seeing as how it's been so long (yet again). As usual, life is busy...GOOD but busy!

Lets see...a week ago I was sailing around the Caribbean and enjoying time in the Bahamas with my family. My parents took the 4 of us, and my sister, on a Disney Cruise! It was a great time (minus the fact we all swapped around the stomach flu - starting with me) but other than that it was fabulous! The weather was beautiful, the kids had a good time, and I got to spend time with my parents and my sister!

We got home from our cruise on Thursday night, and then had the weekend to recover from our travels, do LOTS of laundry, clean house, all those fun things. Saturday was a beautiful day here, the high was up near 50, and it was nice and sunny! I even went and ran 3 miles which is sadly the most I've done in awhile. I've been slacking big time in the running department...well really working out in general. But I AM going to get back to it...

Anyway, so Sunday we went to church and enjoyed the day hanging around the house. Unlike Saturday, Sunday's high was around 10 degrees, and that night it got well below zero with the windchill putting the temps in the NEGATIVE 20-25 range...yea that's cold. That was the night that the ignitor to our heater also decided to stop working. So, there we were, coldest night of the year so far, and no heat. It was around 5 when we made our discovery, so we called our landlord and he sent out someone to take a look. Unfortunately he didn't have the kind of ignitor that we needed, so we were on our own until Monday when they could get the part and get back out to fix it. We have a fireplace, so that helped in the den, but as far as the upstairs went we didn't have any sort of heat. So, hubs went out to get a space heater and an electric blanket, and around 10 we moved the boys into bed with us, and we all snuggled up for the night. It was actually pretty cozy in there with the heater and the blanket...but getting out of bed the next morning was another story. It was 45 degrees in the house in the morning. So, we stayed in bed as long as we could before having to get up and get big kid ready for school. After I dropped him off, the little one an I spent the morning at Target until they called to say they were on their way, and by lunch we were warming back up!

It was quite the experience, and not one that I want to repeat any time soon, but thankfully we were able to figure out a plan for the one night!

Today it's been snowing all day long. It started around 7am and has just kept going, I think we're supposed to get around 5 inches or so. The boys and I went out early to mail off a few packages to my in-laws who we won't get to see for Christmas, and then got big kid a haircut, but other than that we've been hanging at home and while they were napping I got a few things done!

I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner...it really seems to have snuck up on me this year. Although even though I don't "feel" ready for it, I do have almost all my shopping done. I still need to get something for my dad, and maybe another little something for my mom, but other than that, we're all set!

Okay, well that's it for me today. I'll be back tomorrow (I hope) and will post a few pictures from our trip! Hope you all are staying warm wherever you may be!!

2 comments:

blunoz said...

Kel - no need to keep checking back for updates if you use Google Reader. You just tell it what blogs you like to read, and it will tell you when the authors post something new. That's how I keep track. It's much easier than clicking on each blog I like to read every day to see if there's something new.

Glad you got away for the cruise. Sounds like fun (except for the stomach flu part). My wife and I have periodically commented on how it would be fun to go on a cruise - especially a Disney cruise.

Man, that is really WICKED cold! I can relate to the loss of heat on a weekend. That happened to me back in Mystic. I'm not sure I could work up the courage to get out of bed if it was 45 degrees in my house!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics!

The header thing sucks. UGH! Glad it wasn't for too long and ya'll made do though!

MISS YOU!