Monday, May 28, 2012

donut delight

The other day while pinning I came across a recipe for some quick and easy donuts that use biscuit dough and was taken back to childhood.  I remember my mama using biscuit dough for all sorts of things - camping "pies" being one of my favorites.

Anyway, I thought I'd surprise the kiddos with a sweet treat...they.are.in.heaven.  You'd think I hung the moon around here.  One day they will realize that all I am really doing is frying up pre-made biscuits in oil and covering with cinnamon and sugar.  But for now, I'm happy letting them think that I slaved away.  ha ha.  Really this couldn't be any easier.
Step one - open biscuits.  


Step two - cut hole in middle and drop into hot oil.


Step three:  remove and roll in butter, cinnamon and sugar.  Then DIG IN!!  


Do yourself a favor and try these bad boys.  Bet you can't stop at just one...and if you can - you've got a lot more self control than I do!!


Quick fix donuts

- any tube of biscuit dough (just don't get the "flaky layers" kind)
- oil
- small cookie cutter to cut hole - I used a star as you can see
- melted butter (1/2 to 1 stick depending on how many donuts your making)
- cinnamon and sugar mix

Pour oil in heavy pan or fryer and turn up heat.  Open tube of dough.  Cut hole in middle of biscuit.  Fry'em up until nice and brown on both sides.  Take out, place on paper towels to cool, then dip in butter, and cinnamon and sugar!  Enjoy!!


Photobucket

No comments: