Thursday, May 21, 2009

Leftovers and Re-runs

The perfect way to kick off a 4 day weekend in my opinion, and that's just what we did. We had SUCH a busy day today. The boys and I were at the gym (I joined a super new one BTW) by 8:30. I worked out, they played, then at 10 we were off to meet a friend and her little one at the park. Stayed until noon, when we all packed up and hit Panera for lunch. YUM. Then it was home to get the little guy down for a nap and start cleaning up some of the dust that blew in from having all the windows open yesterday.


We're having a BBQ on Saturday, so I wanted to get rid of some of the food hanging around in the fridge so we have room for more! We have everything from Chinese to Italian and lots of other randoms. So tonight we had "mustgos" (everything in the fridge that MUST GO or be thrown away). One item was another family staple around here: Kel's lazy not so fried stir fry. Recipe to follow.


I had BUNCO tonight - it was a small turn out but nice to chat with the ladies - get some grown up conversation with someone other than my hubs. Then I came home and Matt and I enjoyed the rest of the night watching episodes of House - one of the shows we have gotten into. I bought some of the past season DVD's and we've been catching up so that when next season starts we will be all caught up. We just started watching some of the episodes on USA randomly and got sort of hooked.


So that was our night. Nothing too exciting but nice. And with that I'll leave you with my recipe. I would have pictures but it's my opinion that leftovers don't look all that appetizing so I'll just give you the recipe and leave it at that. It's quick, easy and kids love it.


Kel's Not-So-Fried Stir Fry
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 pkg frozen mixed veggies (I like the birds eye baby broccoli mix)
Stir Fry Sauce (between 1/4 & 1/2 cup)
Cut chicken up into bite size pieces. Put soy sauce in non-stick pan and add chicken. Cook on med-high heat until almost done and add frozen veggies. Sometimes I add in other cut up fresh veggies - carrots, broccoli, etc. At this time add in the stir fry sauce. Cook until chicken is cooked and veggies are done.
I usually serve this over brown rice or couscous - whatever I have on hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmm! :) me like stir fry!

Anonymous said...

Yummy...stir fry is good stuff!

I like House too. And I like that, a few character progressions aside,you don't have to watch them in sequential order so randomly caught reruns are ok.

Hope ya'll enjoy your long weekend!