Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Turkey Time...almost :)

Well, as we are all aware Thursday is Turkey Day, so I found this survey about the big day and figured that would be more fun then just listening to me ramble. Hope you have a good day.

Where will you spend Thanksgiving? On the actual day we will be with my Grandma and family in MO, then on Saturday I'll cook our own little mini-dinner so we can still have some of our favorite fixin's that we won't be having down there...really just another excuse to eat too much two days instead of just one!

Do you want to be there? Sure, it will be nice to see family that we don't usually get to see, and my grandma

Who are you looking forward to seeing the most? My G'ma I guess

The least? no one...they're all cool enough. Really I don't know them well enough to NOT like any of them

Who makes waaaayyyy too much food? Usually me!

Who eats the most? The hubs can put it away!!

Who's most likely to fall asleep after dinner? The hubby and the boys

Who's most likely to get drunk & fall off the couch? Ha, probably no one in this crowd!

Are you perpetually placed at the kids table? Haha, not anymore. Now that I have kids, I get to sit at the grown up table!

If you're not the host, will you help clean up? Yes, but this year we are country clubbin' it for the big day so no one gets stuck with clean up duty!

Will you be eating turkey?Of course...yum!

Will green bean casserole be served? I'm sure there will be some version of it

Mashed potatoes, lumpy or smooth? either - or, I'm easy to please

Gravy or no gravy? yes please, but not too much

Is it Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? NO WAY!!

What is your favorite pie? any kind with a good home made crust

What's the best T-Day dessert you ever had? I love pecan pie, even better...sweet potato pecan pie

Is it: stuffing or dressing? Stuffing....dressing goes on salads.

Do you like candied sweet potatoes? I love sweet potatoes any way I can get them!

Jellied or whole cranberry sauce? I'm a freak and actually really enjoy the jellied cranberry sauce

What is you're favorite dish? the stuffing!!!! And sweet potato souffle!

Least favorite? I love it all, but the part that i could actually do without...the Turkey...go figure

Weirdest dish? that pistachio jello stuff with the marshmallows and pineapple...My Grandma used to make it...really yummy

Do you watch the Macy's parade? Sometimes

How bout football? Definitely. It isn't Thanksgiving without football!

Do you watch the Peanuts special? haven't in awhile, but now with the kiddos I'm sure we will be doing it again

Do you, or anyone you know have a singing turkey decoration? Not that I know of! Haha

Have you ever dressed like a pilgrim? I think as a kid for school

Do you put up decorations? Sort of...I have fall stuff that I put up between Halloween and Christmas, but it's not necessarily Thanksgiving-specific.

How much to you think you will eat? Way too much, but that's okay because on Thanksgiving calories don't count!!!

Funniest T-Day moment? I can't think of anything.

Worst Meal EVER???? Never a bad meal! Thanksgiving is awesome!

If you have pets, do you share with them? Yes, the girls always get some turkey.

Will someone say grace at the table? Yep

Do you remember the story of Thanksgiving? I guess so.

What are you most thankful for? How fortunate I am to have such a wonderful family and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great survey. glad you will be with the fam, always a good time. I will have some big news on my posting this afternoon/evening so be sure to go check it out. oh and i still have to send you that email...i know i am a slacker too. or did i send it? no i dont think i did. byeeee

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!