Friday, April 30, 2010

Cupcakes Galore

Hello kids! What have you all been up to?? I have been baking up a storm here recently, although I don't have too many pictures of my creations. No good reason for that, just laziness on my part - but I do have a little treat for you all today.

Last weekend we went to a pig roast, which was a lot of fun. Our neighbors have one every Spring, and this year I think they out-did themselves. The boys played non-stop for HOURS and actually were asking to go home before 9PM because they were so worn out. It was a fun night for all. And you can't beat a party that you can walk home from...it just doesn't get any better than that!

For my food contribution I made two different kinds of cupcakes. Cherry Chocolate and the much raved about "Carbomb" cupcake. Honestly I have to say the cherry variety was my favorite, but everyone else seemed to LOVE the "adult" variety. Although I do have to say that I could have ate the whole batch of Bailey's butter-cream frosting all by myself - no cupcake needed. Of course I probably would have landed myself into some sugar induced coma and then missed out on all the fun, but that stuff is so good it might have been worth it. ;)

For the cherry chocolate I just used a chocolate cupcake, filled it with butter-cream, then frosted the top with a cherry butter-cream icing and topped with a cherry. I also added in some chopped cherries into the cake batter. YUM! I have to say I think they turned out so cute!

Filled and waiting for their toppers


Adorable AND Tasty


The Carbomb cupcake recipe can be found here. I followed the recipe exactly - with the exception that I left out the alcohol in the ganache filling. Overall I was happy with how they turned out, and was glad that everyone seemed to enjoy them.

All "dressed up" and ready to go to the party


So, that was our big event last weekend. This weekend we have NOTHING "planned" and I am actually almost just as excited about that. We're going to the farmer's market tomorrow, so I'm hoping to pick up some goodies to do some baking Sunday. I LOVE the farmer's market and am so glad it's that time of year again. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and I'll be back soon (I hope) with more yummy goodness.

2 comments:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

These look fabulous!! I'm loving the flavors on these!

Sam S. said...

Sorry you weren't a fan of the carbombs. I think they're most popular here amongst the crew. The cherry ones sound wonderful!