Thursday, July 16, 2009

My favorite things...

Well, we made it home!! The trip back was long, but uneventful, which is good when it comes to 17 hours of driving with two kiddos and a whole lot of stuff in tow. The kids were troopers and made the trip like pros. We had such a nice visit, I didn't want to come back home, but now that I am here, I'm glad to be back. Today I've got lots of unpacking to do, laundry, cleaning, all that fun stuff, but that is going to wait until the boys do quiet time. In a little bit we're going to head over to the gym so the boys can play and I can work off some of the extra "baggage" I brought home from all the good food I ate!
Which brings me to my first post about our trip...all my favorite things to eat in Atlanta...there are SO many. The hubs and I made a list of some of our top choices and I think we hit all of them. One of our most favorites is The Vortex downtown. They have these AMAZING hamburgers!! I rarely treat myself to hamburgers, but every now and again I figure you've just got to have one, and if you're going to eat them, this is the place to do it.

There are no kids allowed in the restaurant, probably something to do with their "decor", so we made a lunch date out of it and met my sister, Justin and Marc (friends from college) down there. Here are a few pictures I took while we were there.
Me and my lil' sis
My wonderful burger - it had teriyaki, cheese, and pineapple...YUM

Jessie taking her first bite of the "Elvis Burger" - peanut butter, fried bananas and bacon - I tried a bite and it's actually really good...if you like peanut butter that is!

Yes, it was delicious. Some of the other treats we got while we were down there was Publix Subs, Pappa Deaux, and the hubs and I went on a date night to another favorite place, the Sundial. You can check it out HERE. Here are a few pictures I took from our date night. The restaurant is 72 stories up and rotates so you see all of Atlanta - and they have AMAZING food! Check out the menu on the website. I wish I would have taken a picture of my dinner but I was just enjoying my night out!!
The hubby and I at the bar before dinner

View of Centennial Park/CNN Center/GA Dome from 72 stories above

Atlanta at night

We had a great night out. It was nice to get to go out on dates and such. We don't do that a whole lot here because sitters get so expensive, so we took full advantage of the grandparents that were all but kicking us out the door! And while we did do a lot of eating, we also were good about keeping up with our running. One of my other favorite "dates" was our morning run together. We never get to do that, but while we were gone, we went for a run almost every day, it was fabulous - but I'll get to more later.

For now I need to run and get us moving so I can get to my treading class at the gym. I'll be back soon with more highlights from our trip! Hope everyone is having a good week so far...oh and leave me comments...I'm feeling a bit lonely in the comment sections!! Hehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extra baggage? You're skinnier in your pics from vaca than I've ever been in my adult life and I'm a foot shorter than you! I haven't had a hamburger in 3 years!

Love the pics...the Sundial sounds like a cool place. Restaurants with a view just always seem better! And having lots of quality time with the hubs can't be beat.

Glad you had a great trip and time with family and friends!

Anonymous said...

why cant kids go there? whats on the walls thats so risque? and um those burgers kinda creep me out a little bit, haha, i am pretty adventurous but not that adventurous...why did we never go there i wonder? hmmm...sounds interesting. you must update me.

I agree with Sam, shut up you extra baggage lady, you are soooo skinny its crazy. you look great in all these pictures, are you eating?? are you sure, or are you just saying you are??? :)

Sounds like an awesome time. matt said he would chlorinate the water at the lake, so that means i will have to come visit there soemtime! :) haha. i really miss your parents too, its been since youw edding, i wonder if ill ever see them again? hmmm. so when are we going to plan our next trip? i think we should go somewhere for it, both of us, so we are both on vacation!!!! does that sound fun. i know it will be awhile but mabye this fall or even winter...let me know what you think about that, i need a vaca.

thougth i woudl give you a comment since you were lonely, you gotta write me too, now that i am back on track :)