Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweet Summer

I know I was going to post more about our trip...but maybe later.

There are so many thing about summer that I love, but one of my favorite things, is just the slower pace (well most of the time). We do get pretty busy, but this last week or so has just been so nice and laid back. We've been doing lots of family stuff, going to baseball games, riding bikes - you get the idea. Not this past Saturday but the one before, we met up with friends and took the boys fishing. Here are a few pictures I took. It was a fun time and a great way to pass a lazy Saturday.
Enjoying a quiet breakfast by the lake
Fishing with Daddy

This past weekend was also really nice. Saturday I started off the day with a nice run, then later that morning some of our really good friends came over for the morning/afternoon. Angie and I took off for the farmers market while the guys stayed at the house with the kiddos. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it last summer, but we have such a great farmers market here on Saturday mornings. I stocked up on all my veggies for the week, Ang got her stuff, then we were off to the grocery store to pick up some meat for lunch, then home to start fixin' some lunch. The hubs grilled and Angie and I worked on the rest, then we all ate some really good eats! Chicken kabobs, brats, veggie pizza, grilled eggplant, baked beans - YUMMY!

After lunch we did a little quite time, and then we left to go look for me a new bike. I've been trying to decide for a LONG time about getting one. I wanted to make sure I REALLY wanted it for me and that I would ride it, because it is a bit on the pricey side. So we went to the bike store and I test rode a few, and fell in love with this one. Forgive the pictures, they were in my garage after I got back from my first ride, so I just wanted to get the pics taken.


Close up of some of the detail - leave it to me to get a "girl-ish" sporty bike
And here is a picture I made the hubs take of me after I got back. I had already taken the helmet off but you get the idea.

So, there you have it, my new "ride". I've been out on it twice now, and just love it. I would have gone again last night, but I needed a rest after running and biking both Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping the rain holds off tonight so I can go for a spin after dinner.
Anyway, so that was my big news. Sunday was low key - church, lunch, and a quick trip to the mall to use up some gymbucks at gymboree for some new school clothes for the boys (well really just big kid because little one isn't in school yet).
So far this week has been nice - although it is only Tuesday. This morning the boys and I hit the gym for a while, then it was off to the park for a picnic lunch and play time - just the three of us. Now they are doing naps/quiet time, I'm doing laundry, and I've got a pot roast in the oven cooking along with all my fresh farmers market veggies...all in all it's been a great day!! Well, that's about it for me. I hear the wash is on the spin cycle, so I'm going to switch loads and then maybe read a bit. OH - I just finished the book "Eat, Pray, Love" and was slightly disappointed. I had heard great things, but it just didn't do much for me. The point was good, but just SLOW and hard to get through. So, I just thought I'd throw that out there. It was a book for book club, and now I'm onto Fahrenheit 451 (which I think I was supposed to read in high school and never did) so maybe it will be more interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! We are gettng matching range rovers mine is white whats yours? Thats the like "ONLY In my dreams car" hahahaha. but yes, someday right!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for weighing in on that book. I've thought on and off about reading it but I always see another I want more and never buy it. Maybe I won't bother.

Love the bike...she's a beaut! Sounds like ya'll are really enjoying your summer. It's so strange to see pics of people in jeans!

Anonymous said...

SLACKER! BLOG SLACKER! HAHA. NICE RIDE...