Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The days are flying...

...by that is. I can't seem to remember if I am coming or going these days, but I am working on it. Just a lot going on but last night was the last soccer game for the big kid, so that is one less thing during the week. As winter gets closer, things start to wind down, which is nice in a way, but it's also nice to stay busy and keep the boys active!

Lets see, well it seems that I have a few things to post about. So I guess I'll start with this past weekend. We had a Halloween party/birthday party for the big kid. He turned 5 on the 5th of this month...wow how time does fly. So first off a birthday shout out to my big kiddo!! Happy Birthday Hot Shot. We love you.

Just born: 10.5.04
5 years later...


He looks so grown up...anyway moving on. So because we did Disney earlier, we didn't really want any presents and all that stuff we decided to do a Halloween party - and then just had people bring canned goods instead of presents. It turned out great, and I think this is going to be a yearly thing for us. We still had a cake and sang happy birthday, but overall it was more of a Halloween Party than a Birthday Party. It was fun to have a party for all the kids and they all had a great time. We played games, decorated some pumpkins, and of course had lots of yummy treats. And the kids got to get one more wear out of the Halloween costumes, which for me is always a plus!! Here are mine in their get-ups. As you see I have an astronaut and a pirate this year.



And here are a few pictures from the party - we had "pin the nose on the pumpkin", pumpkin decorating, and a pumpkin pinata.

Alright, well that's about all for me tonight. It's way past my bedtime, but if I didn't stay up late I was never going to get a post in. Oh, but for those of you that have been prayer warriors for Mary and the twins, they are doing very well. Mary got to get out of the hospital, so now her and Jay are taking turns spending time at the hospital with the babies. They are up to 3 lbs now and are doing really well. The hope is that they will be home by Christmas! Thanks for all your prayers!!

2 comments:

Sam S. said...

Awww, what great pictures! You're seriously super mom...and super cool mom! :) Those boys get more precious every time you post pics. I can't believe how big they are! Happy Birthday to the Big Kid!

So wonderful to hear that your family has been covered in prayer and things are looking up, what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

i request new entry! i commented back to you but on mine, i wonder if you will see it. well byeee