Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy and content...

Hello friends! Well as the title of this blog suggests, I am very happy and content at the moment. We had a wonderful three day weekend of just hanging around, enjoying family time, I had a night out with some of my favorite ladies, and I even got most of my "to-do's" done on my list. Of course there are still a few left, but what fun would getting EVERYTHING done be?? And bonus, I even got to chat with my gal Sam on FB last night which was a very nice treat because we don't often catch each other with the time difference!!

For my night out we went to go see "Up in the Air" - I didn't know much about the movie, just that it had yummy George Clooney (did I spell that right??) in it. But it was kind of a sad flick. Not really what I was expecting. If you go and see it let me know what you think. Afterward we got dinner and coffee and it was a very nice night. And i was still home early enough to tuck my babies in and give goodnight kisses.

The boys also started another round of swimming lessons this week. The big kid is doing great, swimming on his own, so hopefully he will get some more of the actual technique down. And the munchkin really loves to get in the water - I'm hoping if I can get them in a few times a week, he will have it down here soon. I also started a swimming clinic on Friday nights. It's for advanced swimmers to work on our endurance and such, and to help those who are training for triathlons. I am not training for one, and really just doing the class to get back into swimming as a form of exercise, but I like the class and as strange as it sounds it's kind of nice to have a "coach" again.

Sadly, I have no pictures for you today. I'm sorry. I did cook and bake today though and both were wonderful. I'll post pics of the baked goodies tomorrow. Tonight I made my first recipe out of my new cookbook, and it was fabulous! The hubs and kids loved it (which is a sure way to tell that it's a keeper). We had boneless pork chops with a simple country gravy (but a lightened version being that it is "cooking light") with mashed potatoes and carrots. YUMMY! I meant to take pics of the food but got distracted by the pork taking much longer than i had thought. The pork chops we got were MASSIVE so it took a lot longer than what the recipe said because they were probably twice the size the recipe called for, but they were wonderful regardless. I have another one lined up for tomorrow...maybe I'll get a few pics of that one.

Okay kiddos...I'm off to read some of my book and call it a night. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Sam S. said...

Ya'll are just a family of fishies! The class you're taking sounds awesome. And who knows, you might end up in another tri...after all you're a natural swimmer, a great runner, and love the bike!

Girls night out sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

when are you going to start your twilight book? hmmmm?