Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new year is here...

Wow...can you believe it's 2010?? Did you make any resolutions??

My goals for the year are to manage my time at home a little better, maybe blog a little more (I know I know...), make the most of our last 6 months of shore duty, finish my 2007, 2008 and 2009 scrapbook (I'm doing them digitally so it isn't as bad as it sounds), love on my kiddos until they just can't stand it anymore, be the best mom/wife/friend I can be, live a life that let's others know/see Jesus in my heart and life, be more active in church, keep up with my bible study and start a new one when my current one ends in may, cook my way through a cookbook (haven't picked one out yet - up for suggestions), and just remember that every day is a wonderful gift and to make the most of it! Whew - now that I write it all out it sounds like a lot, but a lot of it doesn't take extra "time" just extra thought in my words and actions!

I hope you all had a wonderful new year! We had a quiet one here, and I'm sad to say I didn't even make it up until 10 - much less midnight. Our little one came down with the flu earlier that day (the rest of the family had it right after Christmas) so we were all pretty worn out and turned in early. But none-the-less we had a wonderful weekend with just the four of us enjoying time together!

It's been awhile since I have posted, so I know there is a lot to fill you all in on. We have had TONS of snow, and are getting more as I type. In-fact, today is another snow day, and I'm expecting that the hubs will have a short day of work as well. Not that I'm complaining. Today I am all for hanging out in my PJ's - although I may have to go outside and shovel the driveway here in a bit. On days like this I love to bake - right now I have "snow day cheesecake brownies" in the oven and later the big kid requested that we make some cupcakes...I'm thinking maybe lemon with white "snowy" frosting! I'll post pictures once it's all done! I just hope that the hubs does go in to work tomorrow because I will need to get all these goodies out of the house before I eat them all.

The boys took a big step this past month and became roomies. The little one moved up to a big boy bed and the big kid has the top bunk. The transition couldn't have gone any smoother and they really like the set up. We decided to put them together for right now knowing that in CT they will most likely be sharing a room while we are there - and who knows after that. It just depends on where we are and what space we have. Eventually the bunk system will just be for the big kid and we will get the munchkin his own stuff, but for now, they are happy as can be - and I figure as long as they are happy - this is how it will stay.

Here are a few pictures of their new pad...notice the new bedding too. This is what happens when your husband comes along to get ONE new comforter for the top bunk. You end up with new EVERYTHING (comforters, sheets, pillows) in a Star Wars theme - because if you're going to do Star Wars...there is no "half-way". :)


Also in December we took a trip to KC for the weekend, my parents came for Christmas which was wonderful, the munchkin is now using the potty like a big boy, and the hubs got word that he has to go to Hawaii for work, so we went ahead and got an extra ticket and I am going too - a whole week!! Of course he will be working during the day, so I guess I'll just have to fill up my time on the beach soaking up some sun and maybe reading a good book - too bad for me (haha). We have been wanting to go on a trip just the two of us for awhile now, but the timing just never worked, and although this is a "working" trip for him it will be nice to have our nights free to spend some time together. Yippeee!

I think this is probably enough for my first post back. I really do want to try and be better about posting this year, so hopefully I can make that happen. If nothing else I'll have some yummy pictures soon of my snow day brownies that just came out of the oven, and the cupcakes too!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!! Ta ta for now...

3 comments:

Amanda Fliger said...

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in the new year! Your resolutions are great--I wish I was that ambitious. Xi Love!

Sam S. said...

Wow...loving the room...how awesome! I so want that bed! :) But I don't think there's room for Andy in it, not that he's ever here anyhow. ha ha!

Glad to see you posting again, your goals are wonderful! I don't bake half as much as you and am 2 sizes bigger...how do you do it?!

blunoz said...

Sorry I'm a little slow catching up on reading and responding. Welcome back to blogging!

Those are all good goals for the year. On the electronic scrapbooking front, my wife put together some collections of our photos from the past few years on Shutterfly, and they turned out really nice.

The bunk beds look great. We had to put our boys in one room when we moved to Hawaii, so we shifted to bunk beds then. Now that we're back in Virginia, they asked us to unstack the bunk beds, but they still enjoy sleeping in the same room together. (Although it results in the periodic little boy coming downstairs an hour after we put them to bed whining, "he won't stop (fill in the blank - giggling, fake snoring, talking...)."

Any idea where you guys are headed next?

Happy New Year!