Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mind blank

I can't remember if I've posted these or not?? Every now and again I'll treat the boys to cinnamon rolls from scratch. Usually I save this for a holiday or special occasion, but sometimes it's just because. In this case it was because the big kid and the hubs both requested them for breakfast Saturday morning and who am I to say no? Plus they are SOOO good! Believe me when I tell you it takes every ounce of self-control I have not to sit down and eat the whole batch.

I've tried a few different recipes for cinnamon rolls, but this one from Alton Brown is the best I have found yet, and to me, the easiest to make and not muck up!! Just keep in mind they have to sit overnight in the fridge so don't try to make them the same morning that you want to eat them because it just doesn't work like that for these suckers. I add a little more brown sugar than the recipe calls for, but that's the only real change I make. Oh, and I always end up with more than 12, I usually get around 15 but I guess mine are just smaller.

These pictures are actually from over Easter which is the last time I made them, but my batch this past weekend looked about the same. I just didn't feel like digging out the camera.

Not much else to report really. The kids started swimming lessons this week which has been a lot of fun for all of us. This weekend we head out for the hubs first Tri! WHOO HOO! We're all very proud of him. We'll be home Sunday evening. My parents are flying in as well to see him so it will be nice to have them around and get to see my dad for father's day.

Well, I need to get a move on some laundry and cleaning while the little ones are resting! Catch y'all later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...is like a view into a bakery case?! Awesomeness! As is the little munchkin, so CUTE!

Go MATT Go...get 'em this weekend!

Anonymous said...

haha, yah you will def. have to get on that, and then you will need to read all 4 of course so yes, finish what your reading right now. youll love it, im sure. :) ill call soon.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how that goes, tasha kept telling me to read them and i had this book i was reading and it was a slow read, not too entertaining and i still had to finish it no matter what before i coudl start the new one. but omg kel it was worth it! cant wait till you start and then you gotta keep me posted. Laura watched the movie last night with me...(her idea) she wanted to see what the big deal was...now she's like "ok I'm sucked in, its like a cult or something" haha. its so funny. well hope all is well over there. did you read about austin and him trying out for the jr. olympics team for baseball. he's doing awesome. home runs and stuff. he would be in los angelos,CA all of August if he makes it i think. it would be soooo huge, they scout from that team for college and even PRO. its a big deal for him, my parents are sooo proud of course. He's in tampa all by himeslef for 10 days isnt that crazy. well write soon.