Sunday, February 28, 2010

My first ever -

*edited @ 8:09pm to add final picture*

Daring Bakers challenge is completed!! I actually finished it yesterday, but because of the surgery and what-not it's taken me awhile to get the pictures up and posted.

The February 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen and Deeba of Passionate About Baking. They chose Tiramisu as the challenge for the month. Their challenge recipe is based on recipes from The Washington Post, Cordon Bleu at Home and Baking Obsession.

my final picture - 100% wonderful and truly heaven on a dessert plate!

This was a wonderful challenge with so many great aspects to it. First we had to make the mascarpone cheese, the ladyfingers, and the zabaglione from scratch, then put it all together to create this wonderful dessert. I didn't stray too much from the recipe that was given to us. The only change I made was instead of the wine, I used Godiva chocolate liquor...YUM, and I added a little chocolate syrup to my espresso that was used to dip the ladyfingers in.

Because I've not been feeling so hot, I have yet to taste mine, but I'm hoping by tonight that will change. I will also come back to post pictures of the complete project once we cut into it and top with chocolate! YUM. But for now, here are some of my pictures.

The Ladyfingers - before and after
all the stuff that goes into the cream mixture
The liquor was used in the zabaglione and the chocolate will be shaved to go on the top of the dessert tonight before we eat it.
finished and ready to go into the fridge to chill overnight.
So there you have it, my completed challenge. This one was a tough one for me, but I'm glad I got it done, despite the whole surgery thing... Also, if you are interested in the recipe you can check it out HERE (just click on the link).

Thanks Aparna and Deeba for this wonderful challenge!!

16 comments:

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Congratulations on a first challenge very well done. Welcome to the DB community.
Thanks for baking with us.

Lot-O-Choc said...

Well done on your first challenge, that Godiva chocolate liquer sounds amazing! I hope it tastes as delicious as it sounds :D yum.

Mary said...

Congratulations on your first challenge! the pictures of the components are great, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the finished product tonight. I thought it was delicious. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lori said...

Great job on your first Daring Baker Challenge! Your pictures are wonderful too!

Deeba PAB said...

Well done indeed. Hope you feel better soon, and I am sure the dessert will make you feel like singing! This is a great first challenge, and I love your choice of flavours, Godiva and all. Welcome to DBs!!

chef_d said...

Congratulations on a job well done. Your components look so well made and the tiramisu looks yummy :)

Cheesy Pennies said...

Excellent photos! I'm sure you will love the results when you get to taste it. Hope you are well on the mend, and congrats on your first challenge!

Beth said...

Hope you're back up to speed very soon, and enjoy eating your tiramisu. Great idea to use the Godiva liquor!

Unknown said...

Weclome to DB's! Your tiramisu sound gorgeous! YUM! Plus you have a beautiful blog!

Sarah said...

I hope you are feeling better! Your photos are lovely as is your tiramisu.

ice tea: sugar high said...

Well done on your first challenge. Love it how you went all "chocolate" with the challenge!

Sam S. said...

Looks amazing Kel...not that I'd expect anything less from you!

Vegan Von Vittle said...

Welcome to Daring Bakers and congrats on your first challenge! Well done :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations on completing your first challenge! Your pictures look beautiful - and super yummy!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

can you mail me up some of this sweetness! haha. you should totally start your own cook book with lots of pictures. you "tweak" all your fav recipes anyhow... you should do it!!!!