Sunday, March 13, 2011

so much to share

I wish I was sharing baby pictures, but she is still "baking" as we say. I'm just now at 37 weeks, so I wouldn't have really wanted her to come any earlier than now, BUT now that I'm here, and considered full term, I wouldn't mind if she decided to make her appearance! But, for now I'll share some things that I think are just too good not to pass on.

FIRST: I've been following a new blog, and LOVE it. It's a Christian blog for women, and I've read so many wonderful posts - they really do lift my spirits and encourage me. There is a button on my sidebar but you can also click HERE to go there. I call it a blog, but it's really a lot more, because they have other resources there as well, like a book club! How fun is that??

The next thing I have to share is an idea I got from Ali's Blog, and I thought it was such a great idea that I wanted to pass it on. It's a daily "list" you make - 3 things you're THANKFUL for, 3 things you WILL do that day, and 3 TO-DO's to get accomplished. She explains it much better than I could, so go on and click HERE to go to the post. I think it's a great way to start the day, and be reminded of all the blessings we have around us that we should be thankful for!!!

And finally, a little project that I finished up yesterday. I got the inspiration for this from a link that Sam posted on her blog - click HERE to check it out. At first I was going to do the project that this gal does, and make it for my recipes and menus, but then I remembered we're moving in few months and my stove top doesn't have cabinets that would work with something like this, so I'm going to put that one on hold until I get down there. BUT I have been looking for a system to keep all the forms, book orders, etc. that the boys bring home organized and in one place (read: not all over my counters or stuck on the fridge). So I took her idea and made it into something that would work for my needs. Here is what I came up with.


For the magnets, I found cute buttons and used my glue gun to attach them. The lettering on the folder was cut with my cricut machine - note to self: use that more often!

Here it is hanging up in it's final "home". Sorry for the bad light, it's in our laundry room by where the boys hang their backpacks.

I have some fabric washing for my next project, don't know if I'll get to it today or not, but I really hope so because I can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope you are all enjoying your weekends, doing fun weekend-y stuff. We still aren't sure what we are doing with the rest of our day...but for now I'm off to fold some laundry and maybe go on a walk to enjoy the beautiful spring weather we have.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sam S. said...

I'll have to check out that blog/site. I feel pretty in touch with my faith but struggle with actual daily devotions...where to read, where to start, what to study, since I'm not in a bible study anymore.

The school info board is great!!! I have the menu board and folder in my "to do" files but so much else that must be done first. I seriously need a course in time management.

Soooo the reason I hadn't heard from you on your gifts yet is because....USPS seriously damaged the box, including the "to" label so instead of being forwarded on, it came back to me. I'll rebox and send this week. Sorry!!!