Wednesday, March 23, 2011

tick tock

This week is crawling by.

I figured it would - it's like being a kid again counting down the days until Christmas. But we're enjoying the wait. These days our time consists of the following - in no particular order.

1. Games, games and MORE games. Two of our favorites - Wii bowling and dart guns (my favorite being the dart guns). Seriously. SO.MUCH.FUN. We all end up rolling on the floor laughing - it's that fun.

2. Prayer: this one is mostly just me, but I sure am doing a lot of it. Mostly because I am so thankful for all this precious time I have been given to just sit back and ENJOY my family. Of course I am anxious and excited for Monday - who wouldn't be? But this time right now has been such a gift from God - I am so thankful.

3. Laundry: never have I ever stayed on top of my laundry like I have been these days...it's incredible.

4. Breakfast: The hubs has been on leave so once a week, after the boys have been taken to school, we head to Panera and enjoy breakfast together. We talk, drink coffee, and just enjoy being together with nowhere to be. Again - one of the many things I've been thanking God for this week. What a gift!

5. Outdoors: Before it turned cold again (and decided to snow) we were taking family walks and making frequent trips to the park. Sadly this hasn't happened in the past few days because who wants to play outside in 30 degree rain/snow?

6. Stories and Snuggles: I've been soaking up the bedtime routine. We all pile in our king size bed to read to the boys at night. Even though they are "big boys" they still let me snuggle them during story time. It's pure joy.

7. Harry Potter. Don't laugh. Hubby and I decided it would be the perfect time to work our way through the movies in order thanks to netflix. This is how we've been spending our evenings after the boys go to bed.

There is more, but you get the general idea. We're all looking forward to Monday, but very much enjoying our time waiting.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sam S. said...

Precious picture! I'm sure the waiting game is nice because you have time for all the wonderful things you noted, but dragging on too. Soon beautiful friend, you will have a precious little girl in your arms!