Thursday, September 18, 2008

cutie boys and some nature

Not really sure where this post is going to go, but there are a few pictures I want to share, so I guess I'll start with that.

It amazes me every day how fast little ones grow and change. Every day they pick up new things. My little guy is working on his vocab, which is lots of fun. Some of his first words (other than Mama and Dada) were "bella", "doggie", "more" (the sign and the word) and a few others. Now he likes to pick up his toy cell phone and say "hello", waves and says "bye bye" and is signing milk, thank you, eat, and says "night night" when you put him down for bed. He talk all the time, but some of it we have yet to decipher! He's an old pro when it comes to walking, and has now turned it into more of a run to keep up with big brother. And, as you see, he still has his amazing blue eyes that he got from his daddy.

The big kid is really enjoying school. He's learning a lot and I am excited to see how he progresses throughout the year. Right now they are working on the letter "m" and "s" and writing their names. He has known how to spell his name for awhile, but now he can write it which is really exciting, and I think pretty impressive for a 3 year old. But then again, I think everything my kids do is impressive! Haha. He's also learning some basic addition and other math skills and knows how to tell time. And one of the biggest changes is how independent he has become. He gets dressed on his own, puts his clothes and toys away, helps me when my hands are full with the little one, he's quite the little boy!

I am so lucky to be a mom. It happened a little earlier than we thought it would, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. These kiddos fill my day with laughs and smiles. And yea, it does get hard, and I am VERY tired at the end of the day, but it's worth every second. Okay enough rambling...

We have a cool nature conservancy/Forrest area here that you can pay to be a member of. Members get to attend fun classes there, and use the park whenever they choose free of charge. They also have all sorts of fun learning activities for kids, nature trails, wildlife, etc. Tuesday we went to check it out, and liked it so much that we are now members. The boys both enjoyed the "class" we went to. I use the term class loosely because it wasn't really a structured thing. It's called mud pies and they have everything from painting and crafts, to a sand-table, bubbles outside and lots of toys for little ones. It was great because there was age appropriate things for both of the boys, and they both had fun. On our way out we decided to explore a little bit. We didn't get very far because both boys were getting hungry for lunch, but I did manage to get a few cool pictures. We will be going back soon to take a little nature hike and explore some of the other stuff they have to offer!

There were so many butterflies all over...I managed to get a good shot of one

Busy little bees...

So, that's just a little bit of what we've been up to. I know this is a pretty random post and it's all over the place, but that's just me...random and all over the place!
Tomorrow is my birthday...I'm excited to see what hubby has planned for us on Saturday! We have big kids soccer game that morning, but I don't know what we are doing the rest of the day...I'll make sure to let you all know next week!
Also, if you haven't done so make sure to check out my website!! It's had a makeover of sorts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new website is great!

Love the kid pics, always favorites!

The nature spot sounds awesome, easy to see why something like that is enjoyable!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

ok i am finally up to speed, the next posting is about the pamantis and i totally remember that bc i was sad about it dying! haha, we had one in our house the other night and i made dave get a bowl and get it outside somehow without hurting it. hurting one or killing it or whatever is bad luck, and i dont need any of that. haha, it kept flying back on him it wouldnt get out of the house...it lives in our bushes in front of th hosue i think and got in.so there you have it, i am completely up to date on life of kelly powell. and i have put some xanga's up but you cant get in but you can write me back at least and read them. and i DO have myspace which i am cancelling here soon if no one writes me soon! yah cancel you hear that! haha bye