Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday at the Table

It's that day again, and you know what...I have been SOOOOO good about posting! So if you haven't looked you should go read up on what we've been up to...and leave comments, because I LOVE comments!! :)

Okay, so first off is this salad I had today at lunch. It was pretty much a little bit of everything. Lettuce (of course), strawberries, blueberries, some almonds, squash, chicken, dried cherries, and just a small drizzle of FF Raspberry dressing. YUM! It was very good - and kind of pretty too.

Last week before my b-day cake I got the itch to bake and had some buttermilk that needed to be used up, so I decided to make buttermilk pie. Boy oh boy was it good! I made a triple berry sauce to go on top...MMMMM Yummy. If you want the recipe I used for the pie you can find it here. It was sooooo good, which actually kind of surprised me. Being a somewhat southern gal this is not my first taste of custard pie (which this is basically what this is) but this one was 1203983523948 times better than any I've had before! MMMMM. Just take a look...

Last up is a quick easy side dish I make often for the boys. It's really great around this time of year, and I love it because you can use so many different things. It's basically just apples and peaches warmed in orange juice and a bit of brown sugar. Keep it nice and bubbly until the sauce thickens and your fruit is nice and soft, and there ya have it. An easy, not too terrible for you side that kids LOVE! I also do this with sweet potatoes, and it's fabulous!!

Bubbling away


So, that's it for me this week! I hope your weeks are all off to a good start and I'll be back again soon! And as always check out Sams blog to see what everyone else is dishing up!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, that last picture looks so yummy! I bet my boys would love that with some ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Don't check out Sam's blog...she hasn't done anything! LOL Unless KFC counts for TatT! Although I do have some things to put up...sometime.

The pie sounds and looks wonderful! Thats one to try for sure. And I love your salad...reminds me of the poppyseed one at Panera. MMM!!!

Anonymous said...

ok maybe not the salad, but the other thing looks tasty. u are quite adventurous, but who knows i like just about anything. these pictures are great, nice to see what your cookin and doing, for those "visual peeps" likeme :)