Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Daddy's Day Deliciousness

Is deliciousness a word?? It must be because I didn't get the little red squiggly line indicating I spelled something wrong. Good thing because that totally describes the wonderful creation I made to celebrate my sweet hubs and what a wonderful Daddy he is to my boys.

But first, let me back up a bit. A few weeks ago I asked my dear husband what he wanted to have for dessert on father's day, and he said he wanted chocolate chip cookies...to which I responded...Seriously??!!?! I'm offering to make anything and you want cookies?? Well, he did, but I just didn't feel that was enough to show him what a great dad he was. He did get his cookies, but I made them a few weeks ago (you all remember my post about those cookies right??) to satisfy the cookie craving. Then...for fathers day I made chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake - AMAZING.

I don't think I could have made him anything better. It was creamy, the cookie dough was amazing, it didn't even crack...perfection! Again I turned to my trusty A Passion For Baking book that has quickly become my "go to" book for all baked goods. I have yet to make anything out of that book that isn't truly amazing.

Home made cookie dough for the cookie dough parts


The middle layer - cookie dough and mini chocolate chips

Ready to go into the oven

one happy daddy :)


Aside from sitting around eating lots of cheesecake, we had a wonderful Father's Day. We went to church, then brunch at one of our favorite brunch places, then home so we could all just lay around and relax and enjoy time together. Dinner was light, quick and easy then it was off to the movies to see the new Toy Story 3 movie. We had a great time, and the movie was really cute. Both boys really enjoyed it - although I swear my little one just goes for the popcorn.

I am truly blessed that my boys have such an amazing daddy. Because of his job, there is a lot that he has missed, and that will continue to happen. But when he is here, he makes every SECOND with those boys count. One of my most favorite parts of the day is when I'm in the kitchen fixin' supper and my boys (all three of them) are in the next room wresting or playing some sort of "tag - you're it" game. The squeals of laughter just melt my heart. I thank God everyday for my wonderful family.

I hope you are all having a great week so far. We have been enjoying the hot sunny days of summer and spending a lot of time at the pool and playing in the sprinklers (or sprinkles as my little one says). There is just something about running through sprinklers that defines summer.


If I can figure out A. how to get video off my phone to my computer, and B. how to post it on here I'll post some footage of my big kid swimming. He is a full fledged swimmer now - the kid even went off the high dive!! Alright, I really do have to wrap this up! Until next time...later gators.

2 comments:

Sam S. said...

That looks delicious! I actually bookmarked a choc chip cookie dough cheesecake recipe on line several weeks ago but have yet to make it. Mine would not be that nice! Glad Matt enjoyed his well deserved treat and day!

Looks like those boys are are enjoying summer!

Anonymous said...

Yum that looks good the boys are getting sooo big, and grown up. wow. crazy. ive been MIA for awhile, but had some free time. email ya soon. or keep on posting/commenting!