Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anyone out there??

Well - to say "it's been awhile" would be a drastic understatement. My last post was back in September, shortly after we moved to CT. Life got crazy.

Maybe crazy is the wrong word. We haven't been jet-setting across the globe, or super busy doing anything of great importance. Most people would probably look at our day to day and think it was...well...average. But with the start of school for both boys, the hubby going back to work/school/whatever, and the boys starting up activities outside of school, I feel like I just bounce from one thing to the next. Time management has taken on a whole new meaning...and some things (like this blog) fell by the wayside while I was getting things together.

Also, for those of you who don't know me personally, I don't believe I have announced on the blog that we're expecting again. This is actually pretty old news as I only have 8 weeks to go until our little one will be here. We are of course thrilled and can't wait to meet her. After two little boys, it's time for another player on "team pink". Things are going really well, and we just feel so incredibly blessed that God has given us another opportunity to bring another little miracle into the world.

That being said, I really want to TRY to keep up with this blog, but with a baby on the way...well who knows. I think if I had more of a purpose for it I would be better at sticking to posting...but I don't even know where to begin with that. Sadly I haven't been doing much baking these days - or even much adventurous cooking. Our time here has been great, and I will once again be sad to leave for our next destination, but I've sort of felt like we're in "limbo" here. Like we've got one foot here and one foot out the door. As much as I hate to admit it...we're in the waiting place again. This time we're waiting for baby to arrive, time to pass, school to end, the snow to stop...you name it.

However, we're not JUST waiting, we are still keeping busy, having fun, and enjoying all the fun (SNOW) to be had. February is going to be a busy month for us, lots of prep going on for the little one's arrival, and then shortly there after the hubs departure. We may be taking a trip down to VA to check out our new "home" for the next 3 years, and we're planning a fun "big brother" weekend for the boys to celebrate how awesome they are and to give them a special weekend before life gets crazy with a new baby.

I'm rambling, so I'm going to wrap this up, but I'll be back. Still don't know what I'll be talking about, but I'm sure I can think of something.

Happy February Everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Amanda Fliger said...

Glad you are back, even if just for a brief bit. So much exciting news to celebrate! And a new potential fuzzie will be here soon! I love!!

blunoz said...

Congratulations! What great news! That's a great idea to do a big brother weekend before the baby arrives, too. I hope everything goes well with the delivery and with the move to your new home.

Sam S. said...

Good to see you posting...missed your blogging! That's a lot of crazy snow you guys are having but love the valentine's. And you're an inspiration because although you're not jet-setting all over the globe, you love your life just how it is!