Sunday, February 20, 2011

blueberries with love

I was so ready for this weekend! Nothing big or huge going on, but I have done nothing but spend quality time with friends and family - bliss.

We had our "big brother" day for the boys yesterday, and we also had a little send off breakfast for our neighbors who left to move to VA. They have kids the same age as ours, and we have all become good friends, so we wanted to send them off with full bellies knowing they would be missed around here. Here is my little (soon to be middle) and their middle one enjoying some Saturday AM cartoons.

These two share a birthday and are only hours apart age-wise. Jennie (mom) and I have already decided it would be the perfect arranged marriage...hehe.

I got a little daring and tried THREE new recipes for this, and I have to say they were ALL wonderful. Baked french toast, an egg casserole dish, and THESE wonderful blueberry muffins. I picked up fresh blueberries when we were out the night before and had been craving some muffins, so I whipped these together Sat morning and they didn't disappoint!

When it comes to menu planning I tend to go a little overboard, but in this case it worked out. The eggs and french toast were all but gone, and the rest (muffins and fruit) we will enjoy for ourselves this week. My perfect way to start the day.

After we said our "see ya laters" we got things cleaned up then left to celebrate the rest of the day with the boys. We took them duck pin bowing (a new favorite for the boys - and new to us southerners) and then to dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe (at the boys request). Then we surprised them with a stay at a hotel with all that comes with it - movies, jumping on beds, and of course swimming in the pool. They had a ball and it was a nice little get away. And as a bonus for me, this AM at the pool if you were sitting in the sun, it was so warm and bright in the room you could almost imagine it wasn't 20 degrees outside!! I didn't want to leave!!

We're back home now, enjoying more family time. It's pretty cold today so we did movies, more Wii Bowling, and as soon as our dough finishes rising, we're making pizza. YUM! This weekend with the people I love was truly the best thing EVER - and just what I needed! Hope you are all enjoying your weekends - and seriously, if you like muffins - give those a try!

1 comment:

Sam S. said...

Will have to try those muffins...they look great! Can't believe how much the soon to be middle looks like the elder in that pic!