Sunday, February 27, 2011

checklists and countdowns

It seems like we've been doing a lot with both of these here recently.

Last night it hit me that our little girl will be here in ONE MONTH!! That's right folks, we are at 4 weeks and counting. So I figured that it was time to make a checklist for all the things that need to be done before she arrives.

As you know I've been sewing a bit recently and I talked about making a nursing cover a few weeks ago after my trip to the fabric store. I finished it today and I am happy with the results. Who knew I could make such a thing?!?! Here are a few pictures of my little project. It was fun, and only took about two hours start to finish. Can't beat that!

pieces pinned and ready to sew together
close-up of strap that goes around neck
all finished
here it is on me, excuse the bad picture. I took it myself in a mirror, and with my shirt it sort of all blends together, but you get the idea.

I have a few more projects on my list - I think next up will be a play-mat. We also finished getting her bed together. She now has a mattress and all the bedding has been washed and assembled.



We had another great weekend. We took a trip up to Newport yesterday - so.much.fun!! We rode a train, went to an aquarium, took a ride in a fire-truck, made a quick beach visit, drove past the amazing houses...it was wonderful.

Hot shot with his Daddy
the Munchkin riding the carousel

Today we went to church and have been enjoying family time. I've got dinner cookin' and a fresh batch of sweet tea ready to go - things just don't get much better. Hope you all have had a nice weekend!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you've been a busy bee, love the burp cloths and bibs, so cute, you shoudl start your own show like martha stewart. :) very cute, well I just caught up finally on your posts, i guess i just havent been on here much lately.i finally did one too. so check it out. bye girl.

Sam S. said...

Love it...you are so talented! Can't believe time is so short. Hopefully your box gets there soon.

Anonymous said...

cute new blog too. and um crib and everything. wow!