Sunday, February 6, 2011

ready or not

7 weeks and we will be gathering up the last of our stuff, so that 7 weeks from tomorrow we can head to the hospital to welcome our little girl into the world. Amazing! For those of you who don't know, I'm a scheduled c-section thanks to my first baby (he was worth it!).

So, we've been getting things ready. This week we set up the crib.


It will have a mattress, and sheets, dust ruffle, etc. But I still have to wash all that stuff, get the mattress, and there's no rush at this point.

I've also been bit by the sewing bug and have a few projects lined up. Yesterday I drove out to pick up some fabrics to make all sorts of things. From burp cloths and bibs to blankets and play mats, I stocked up. I just hope my little old machine is up for the challenge.

This is the fabric for my first project - a nursing cover. I found the pattern online, and it SEEMS like it will be something I can handle. We shall see. If it's successful, I'll post the link in case any of you feel inspired to make such a thing.
Okay, that's it for me tonight. Just wanted to post a little something. Hope to be back soon with my finished project and another one on the way. We had a super busy day today, but it was spent celebrating and catching up with friends, so all and all it was perfect! Oh, and I made these brownies to take to a superbowl party tonight. They are in fact still DELICIOUS! Have a great week y'all!

2 comments:

Sam S. said...

Love the bedding, beautiful! WHat I'm sending doesn't match at all. :( But still usable I hope! So excited for your crew!

Kel said...

Quite alright...matching is not a requirement and gifts are always appreciated!