Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting Crafty

I'm taking a quiet "mommy moment" while all my boys are downstairs playing the Wii. Ahhhhh - bliss.

So, I've mentioned that we've had a bit of snow right??

Does this put things in perspective?

How about now??

And we continue to get more every week!

The kids were out of school again today. They were out yesterday as well. Because we have had so much...errr...quality time at home, I decided that we would get creative. Valentines Day is coming up and I remember being pretty disappointed in the choices available for big kid to give out to his classmates. So this year I decided that we would make our own, it's not like we've got a lack of time on our hands. I found these cute templates the other day while I was looking for some ideas for my scrapbook (another project I'm trying to get done before our little princess arrives) and thought that some of them would be really fun. Big kid helped me choose 4 that he would like to do, and we went from there. For some we made modifications - but I think overall they turned out super cute! Here is a sample of what we have so far.

We still have some finishing touches to put on, and the cute owl valentines are currently done just awaiting their google eyes. I helped a bit with all the cutting, but the big kid had fun gluing, using glitter, and sticker-ing to his hearts content. He's never been much for the arts, so I knew there would be a lot of help involved on my end, but we had fun doing this little project together. These also didn't take all that long, so if you're looking for a fun Valentines Day project to do with your little ones, or on your own, I would recommend this one.

Being stuck inside so much has inspired me to finish up some projects and start some new ones. There are a few sewing projects I have my eye on, so maybe you'll be seeing some of those...unless they turn out horrible and then we are just going to forget all about them.

Alright folks, well I'm off for today. Tomorrow's forecast is free of snow and ice, so BOTH boys are going to school and mommy is going to get a prenatal massage...I can hardly wait!!

2 comments:

Amanda Fliger said...

Can't get over that snow, girl! I am sitting at my desk looking at the pics we took at the Fuzz when we had a snow day. Don't miss the cold weather, but miss you! Big man's valentines are CUTE!!!

Kel said...

I know, isn't that snow CRAZY!!! I miss you too girl.