Friday, August 8, 2008

Rolling into the weekend

I did it! I have always wanted to try and make homemade cinnamon rolls, and after one very unsuccessful attempt (which I now know probably would have worked if I would have been more patient) I got a good batch the second time around.

Because I didn't have enough yeast to do the full batch I cut the recipe in half for my second try, therefore I have smaller rolls but they still tasted delicious. I'm not quite convinced that my dough did exactly what it was supposed to, but they turned out okay. I think I need to play around some more, maybe try another recipe, see how that goes. The recipe I used can be found here in case you are interested.

So, here are a few pictures of my first ever batch of made from scratch cinnamon rolls!
Ready to go in the oven

Ta-Da!!!

A close up

No cinnamon roll is complete without some icing!

The kiddos enjoying their yummy breakfast treat

So there ya have it! That's what I was working on last night and this morning. I am now taking a break from cleaning, but as soon as I finish this up will get back to it. We have a busy weekend so I want to get my usual weekend cleaning done today instead!

Tomorrow AM I will be heading out to try my best to run 15 miles! EEEK - wish me luck, I think I may need it. Then Sunday we're packing up and going to see my Grandma (and cousins) for the day. I hope you all have a great weekend! love KP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great...I want some!!!

You'll do fine on your 15, you've got it and plenty more in you!!! Just think, once you hump over that, you'll have trained well past the half distance AND be more mentally ready for your half!!! Keep me posted. And ya'll have a safe and enjoyable trip visiting fam! Love ya!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the comments and complements on my blog! And seriously, I am staring to get back into good eating and here you go putting up these super yummy looking photos! Gotta try me some of those!

Anonymous said...

i want some of those too.