Friday, August 1, 2008

quick and easy

If I had realized how easy it was to make your own fun frozen goodies I would have done it WAY before now. I don't know why it never struck me as an "easy" thing to do, but yesterday while at one of my most favorite places ever (Target) I found these fun molds (on sale) so I figured I'd give it a try. I made orange banana yogurt pops and the big kid is a HUGE fan (so is his daddy). So all in all I'd say this was a worthwhile purchase, and I think I'll go back and pick up some more molds if they are still there!


In case you are wondering what I used to make them - here's what I did.
In a blender mix the following: plain fat free yogurt (about 1/2 cup), 1 banana, splash of OJ (again maybe about 1/2 cup) and about a tablespoon or so of honey. Blend it up and pour into molds. See...SOOOOO easy, and a healthy tasty treat for the kiddos!
P.S. I don't know why but for some reason it won't let me align the font on the left...it's all about keeping it centered today apparently...I dunno. Hope you all have a good weekend!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys go through a frozen 4 mold every couple days! Its like a game at the store to pick out what kind of yogurt and what kind of juice they want that week!

Hey, center is ok...I'm always a little off center, but we can all strive for something right?! :)

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds good i have been making strawberry banana smoothies lately but those sound fun even for just me, no kiddies. haha :)

Anonymous said...

ANDDDD>... I am up to date again! :) I am on my way to xanga site right after my little fingers type this to see if you have left me any comments, if you haven't i will be sad...alright byeeeeee

Kristen said...

Looks yummy! I could go for a healthy snack right now. I made chocolate swirl bread today and it was sooo good but not good for you!

Anonymous said...

no not yet, its hard to just you know be done completely especially with a meat eating husband and cooking for two. this will be a challenge...for sure. I am still seeing if I can cut back for now ... looking for updates, ill check back soon. :) bye

Anonymous said...

Your reading something blue too? I love it so far, i was so excited to get it finally cause i really liked something borrowed and when i found out there was a sequel type thing i couldnt wait to read it, i had to get on the reserve list at the library but i finally got it! so are you just started or middle or end? i am right smack dab in the middle, and i really like it. let me know what you tihnk oh and isn't that Good READs thing cool, now i can see everything that you read and we can see if they are something that we want to get and read here, ya know. pretty cool. i have your curious incident in the night book and i will give it to you when i come, and i htink youmay have blood orange i am not sure...we'll hae to swap again when i come visit, do you want any others, i have lots :) though i have sjust started with the library thing so i am likin that not paying for them idea, unless i get a half price gc soon! :) byeee miss you and i am looking into flights, it just sucks cause almost all of hte good priced oens i seriously have to be there at like 5 or 7 am, adn that sucks my ass,excuse my language, hehe byeee