Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesdays at the table...

Sorry this is a little late folks. I had intentions of posting earlier, but I started a new book the other day (Sunday) and tonight after the boys went to bed, I became completely engrossed and couldn't put it down until it was done! The title by the way was "Something Blue" and it was very good. I'll admit, totally a "girlie" book, easy to read and fun, but I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure I was going to at first because I was having trouble relating to the character but in the end, I was hooked.

Okay, so now on to my cooking and baking adventures. These were actually both from today. The first are whole wheat pumpkin cranberry muffins that I found here and they are wonderful! This is my third attempt at whole wheat healthy muffins, and I am happy to say that third time is a charm. They have a good texture, moist but not too dense, and they are really yummy!! The kids and the hubby both enjoyed them, so I take that as a good sign!!

Here are a few pictures of my little muffins...



Next up are the fajitas we had for dinner. This is another recipe from my Clean Eating magazine that I just love! I do tone down the spices/hot sauce a bit so it's more kid friendly, but these are wonderful! And, they are quick and easy which I am a big fan of!! We served these up with some black beans and fresh fruit! Yummy.

So there ya have it. Now you have seen what we had for dinner, and what I'll be having for breakfast in the AM! Hope your week is going well so far, and I'll be back soon with more updates, and maybe even some more treats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM on both! I need to try those muffins!

We made the Clean Eating meatloaf last night that you raved about. Easy to see why. YUM!!! The only change I made was to add in some sundried tomatoes. Thanks for the rec!

So excited about your visit! Wheeee!!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

ur too much! muffins and fajitas and new recipes all the time. i could never do that. maybe cause i dont have kids yet i dont cook very much...i dunno. i eat by myself alot so that sorta changes how you eat i think. sometimes ill just have a baked potato or even cereal. i am so up to date here with your blog lately i am doing so good :) haha oh and i totally writeing you an email...so go check that. its something i cant post on blog world! :)