Saturday, January 10, 2009

new discovery

Well, in case you are wondering I have curbed the MarioKart habit and have been "clean" for almost a week. We did all play a little bit last night, but it was as a family, so I was just doing it to join in on the family fun.

I made a new discovery this week, and I had every intention of posting it Wednesday, but some things came up and I am really just now getting around to "normal" stuff again. I am about to yet again reveal how completely UNcool I really am, but that's okay because most of you already knew that, and those of you that didn't - well I guess you will now.

So, what is my new discovery?? FRINGE. Have you heard of it? New show that just started this year on Fox. I saw a commercial for it while I was watching the bowl games earlier in the week, and couldn't believe that I hadn't been watching from day one!! So, Tuesday night the hubs and I sat down to watch the show, and while it's a little different from anything else I've ever watched, it was pretty good, and while a more serious drama, still had some humor in it to make it light. I liked it.

Now if you check out the description of the show you really wouldn't think of it as a "Kelly" kind of show (as the hubs put it). I tend to be the "Greys Anatomy" and "Private Practice" kind of TV gal. You know, light, funny, with a bit of drama and romance...girl stuff. But there is one part about FRINGE that makes it very much a Kelly show...

are you ready for it...




Yes my friends, its none other than Josh Jackson, and he is back! Oh how I have missed him since Dawson's Creek went off the air back in...uhhhh...2003 I think? Yes, I watched Dawson's Creek...religiously. (This is where the uncool part comes in in case you were wondering) Ever since seeing him in Mighty Ducks as a kid I have been smitten. I've always said that if things with the hubs don't work out, Joshua is my back up plan. Although in reality if I ever met him my tongue would probably tie in knots and I wouldn't be able to say a damn thing, but that's besides the point, because I think that the hubby and are are in it for the long haul (which is a VERY good thing - and needless to say, I am even MORE smitten with my hubby) so I don't really need to worry about a back up plan...

So anyway...the short version of all that is I have found a new show I enjoy. It's far fetched and a little strange, but I like it anyway.

I hope you all enjoy the last of your weekend, and I'll try to be back soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't even heard of that show but will have to have a look at what its about. You're nowhere near UNCOOL by the way! ;) Josh Jackson...mmmm nice! Good choice!

Anonymous said...

wow, you are a dork. no just kidding haha. um i didnt realzie you were like soooo in lUV with him! haha. i have never heard of this show you speak of. hmmm ok well glad to know youi have found a new "obsession/passion" in life that we made need another intervention for! haha. bye girly. miss ya.

Kristen said...

I have never heard of that show, but I must check it out now. As for the intervention, I would so need one as well if we had that game. We play Wii a lot when we are home in Louisiana.

Anonymous said...

yes, i feel ya, its like 9 here and then the next couple days it will be -20 to -25 wind chill. arent you so excited to be back in the midwest??? :)well just saying hi and love to have those comments from you! i think you and tasha are my only blog commenters these days....well miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Bahahaha you! haha, i know right, isnt that just awful. well i got a kick out of yoru laughing at me ...