Thursday, April 10, 2008

Join Me!

For lunch that is...I'm writing and eating at the same time. The boys are both down for early naps, which is good because when they wake up we are off to the store. But it also means that I am eating lunch in peace this fine day which doesn't happen often i can assure you. So I figured I could "chat" with you all in blogland while I enjoy my yummy salad.

Today has been nice. I was motivated and went out and ran 3 miles before the hubs took off for work. I needed to get a good run in. When i started out running I didn't mind the treadmill, I actually enjoyed it because I always had water, could zone out staring at one of 6 big tvs, there are fans blowing on me, and I could control my speed better. But now, not so much. So now that the pollen is dying down, but it still hasn't gotten too humid here, I am enjoying running outdoors again.

Anyway, after that i was lazy with the boys, which was nice as well, then we started baking...yes again. Which is always fun to do, but my waistline may disagree! That's okay, I'm really not too worried about all that. Life's too short not to let yourself indulge in a bit of cookie dough! Mmmmm. It could be the perfect food I think...although I did just eat a baked one right out of the oven, and well that was DAMN good! Anyway, so yes, I am baking for tonight's shin-dig over at our friends house. Really, its just a hale & farewell to welcome the newbies to the boat and say goodbye to...US!!! I can't believe its our turn, it really is surreal. But it should be a good time, and lots of yummy food. We even have a sitter for the boys so we will get some "no kiddo" time in as well. I love my boys to death, but at the end of the day, its nice to have grown up time sometimes.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, it was a busy day and by the time I was on the computer I didn't want to blog. But you will all get over it. Oh I just realized that today is Thursday, which is supposed to be survey day...hmmm. Well hang tight, I'll find one and post it tomorrow instead. Tomorrow morning I am meeting my breakfast club gals for a BBC (bonus breakfast club). We usually meet on Wednesday mornings after we drop our little ones off at school, but we had our OWC meeting yesterday so we couldn't do it then...but decided we would get a little crazy and do a bonus round tomorrow! That's just how I roll...all sorts of wild things going on here.

Okay, well I am rambling...BADLY which is what I do, but I won't bore you any longer. I need to go fix my hair while the boys are still sleeping and before my cookies need to come out of the oven. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow! Maybe I'll even have more pictures...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy tonights' "last hurrah" with the crew!

I wish I could be like you and not care about my waistline and eating stuff I enjoy, etc. Then again, there's lots of things about you I envy! LOL

Thanks for the lunch invite, had I been home I might've just opened IM and shared!

Kristen said...

I can't believe that you are leaving already. I remember meeting you for the first time when Sam and I went over to bring you cookies. Man, time flys by so quick. By the way, love the naked baby picture! We do that with Ian before his bath. He tends to pee afterwards!