Monday, April 7, 2008

the weekend report

Hey everyone (all like 5 of you)!! Hope you all had a great weekend. First I want to start out with a big shout out to my gal sam who raced this weekend and set a PR in her 5K distance!!! Way to go sweetie you rock!!

We had a nice weekend. We were able to just spend a weekend hanging as a family. We both had some work things to do (hubbie is finishing his class and I had photo stuff) but we were able to do that while the boys were napping. Saturday I woke up and went for a run. Did just over 4 miles and felt pretty good. I have more running stuff to talk about, but will leave that until the end. Then we went over to base for "kids fest 2008". They had everything from pony rides to the bouncy slides that you see the big kid sliding down below. And nothing around here would be complete without a "train" made up of 55gallon drums to ride around in! haha. Enjoy the pics...





Don't you just love my reflective arms...yikes. I need to get some self tanning stuff ASAP so I have some color at the ball in two weeks.

Can you believe how big our baby is?? He is nine months now...just three more and I will be on here posting 1st birthday pics! Crazy!! He had his nine month check up today and all is going well. He now has 4 teeth and two more on the brink. The "little" guy is huge at 21 lbs but only 28 inches!! But the doc said he's just fine and that he is a healthy little boy who is developmentally just where he should be. I thank God to be so blessed with these little boys I have. The only "problem" found was he has my eczema so we just have to keep him lathered with special lotion and he will be just fine!

Sunday was lazy, although we didn't intend for it to be. It rained a lot here this weekend keeping us indoors for a good portion of it. I was supposed to a picture session at 12 but we postponed until next week because everything was still really soggy and wet. I did manage to get to the grocery store though and fix us quite a tasty dinner. As well as packed up all the auction stuff in my garage which is now back in storage until someone needs it again. The rest of the day we played with the boys and bummed around the house. It was really nice.

So for the running thing. Am I crazy (yes but that isn't anything new), delusional and living in a place far far from reality?? Again, yes. But also a tad bit excited. Sam is thinking of running the MCM (Marine Corp Marathon) again this October, and she asked me what I thought about doing it with her. Well my first thought was "haha that's funny" but then I thought to myself "why not". I'm healthy and physically I think I can handle it, so sure why not. And really...if Katie Holmes can run a marathon then so can I...'nuff said! So, it's not a sure thing yet, because she hasn't decided 100% if she is doing it or not, and I am not going by myself. But I'll keep you posted. Registration opens the 30th of this month...only time will tell.

Well that's it for me today, I'll try to be back tomorrow. love kp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! If only they'd post the "official" times. Give it a little time, you'll be churning out new PR's too!

Great pics! Seriously, I'm in sorts glad you're a far away friend b/c you're too damned skinny! ha ha! Really though, great shots! He's grown SO MUCH! Caleb look like he had a big time too!

I'm leaning towards yes but have a few weeks to think on it. :) My dental hygienist has offered to babysit anytime so I might be able to swing the long runs if Andy leaves here in July. So excited you're thinking about it! You can be waiting at the finish for me! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

wow another marathon, how many miles would this one be? how long would you have to train for it? sounds brutal. i cant even run a mile so i guess anything sounds brutal. i have never been much into the running thing. well the lungs collapsing thing doesnt help! haha :) well girly i cant beleive mason is already 9 months old. that means its been EONS since i have seen you since i saw him at one month old. thats just plain crazyness. i miss you tons, and well that picture in black and white of the little one, he is so freakin adorable i just cant stand it! haha. he is soooo cute in all those pics you take. anyhow. i am going through your postings now caus ei have some free time before i am off to shower for the night. so check on older ones, i know i haver been quite behind. i should update xanga too while i am at it.