Thursday, July 24, 2008

thursday already??

Wow this week has gone by fast. Which is surprising seeing as how for the most part we have just been hanging around the house. Although yesterday we did head out to the zoo which was pretty fun. It was just me and my boys, and we had a good time. I didn't take my camera this time, and was totally bummed because the animals were really active and pretty entertaining. It was overcast, and looked like it might rain, and cooler so I think that was part of it. I did take a few shots with my phone...so here they are - nothing too spectacular, but it's something!
Just your everyday typical indoor rain forest complete with a waterfall...

A lion actually NOT sleeping...a rare sight!


Also had my clinic and group run last night. I missed the speaker which I am kind of bummed about because it was a lady talking about yoga for running...I would have liked to hear that. But Mr. M had a meeting that didn't get out until later and so I only caught the very end of her talk. But the run afterwards was good. As mentioned above its been a little cooler and a little less humid, so that has made for more pleasant runs. I'm switching my longer runs to Sundays now so I can run with the group now that they are getting up there in miles...this weekend is 12 or 13. I'm having trouble adjusting to this because it's not what my "plan" says. If you know me you will get that...I have a hard time mentally altering something that is so "set" like my training. If it says X miles...I feel I have to run X miles on that day. So, this is a little backwards for me...but I'll get over it after a week or two - it's just while I am transitioning back and forth. Okay, sorry I'll stop rambling.

So it's raining here today...which means we are being a bunch of lazy bones...seriously. Little munchkin has been napping, and the big guy and I are hanging on the couch, he's been watching some TV and working on writing his letters in this alphabet book I gave him. I am of course sitting here blogging and reading a new book I picked up at the store the other night. It's a Nicholas Sparks book "Dear John". So far it's okay...a lot of background, but I'm willing to deal because usually with his books it's worth it!

So, what do you all have planned for the weekend?? Who are you all?? You readers need to leave me some comments...just so I know who is out there!! I think we may be in store for some more rain, so I don't know what we will do! Okay well that's all for me today! Have a good weekend everyone...I don't see me posting tomorrow...so I'll just say that now :).

4 comments:

blunoz said...

Okay, I admit I'm a lurker. We have common interests in that I'm a bubblehead like your DH, also have two little boys, and I wish I was as good at running as often and as long distances as you and Sam do. Keep up the good work on your blog!
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Sounds like nice relaxation time! Hope the group runs provide you some good support and motivation!

Hey, I know you Blunoz! ;)

Kristen said...

Hey lady! The pictures are pretty darn good for a camera phone. My good camera isn't that good sometimes. I love the baby lion. They didn't have the cubs out when we went last time. Just the daddy and his two women! Anyway, hope all is well.
Love ya,
Kris

Anonymous said...

I am one of those readers! :) so you knew everything on my 6 random things, does that mean that you know too much about me, or were they obvious things...hehe :) well thanks for all the comments i am here reading up on some kel's dish and posting some comments for ya! I love checking and seeing that someone is acutally out there too! since you asked,

the PT is going ok i guess, i mean its kinda weird i go and they make me work out and i am paying them? weird, but i guess the exercises are supposed to stregthen my back muscles and help to heal it or soemthing like that? i dunno. it still hurts all the time and i am still on meds, but it is less painful than it was in the beginning so i guess that is good. :) well gots to run ill check the other posts and see what i missed here lately and write you some more throught out the day if i can, we are not busy now, but you never know.