Monday, March 17, 2008

going going gone...

The weekend that is...

Happy St. Patrick's Day...and a happy bday to my Mama!!! Our weekend was busy, well at least for me. Friday I left to take the big kid to school at 8:30 and didn't get home again until after I picked him up from school at noon. Then I was off again by 1 to start decorating for the auction and didn't get home for good until after 6. Saturday morning I was gone by 8am to get to the gym to get my decor on, and didn't get done until 4. At 4 I fed the munchkin then showered real quick then it was out the door again around 5:45 with my sweetie to enjoy the actual auction. The boys had a sitter. We got home around 11:30 and CRASHED!!! It was a long day, but very worth it. Everyone talked about the great decorations and how nice it all looked, so I was happy to not only be done with it but that it was a job "well" done!! Here are a few pictures of decorations and the auctioning fun. I was an idiot and didn't take any of the cool boardwalk that we built or any of the entryway decorations, but I am going to check with my partner in crime Carrie to see if she was smarter than I was!!!




Above: Some of the stage decorations and a picture of the ugly lamp and center-pieces

Above: Doorway decorations going into Silent Auction room and a really bad picture of me with the hubs. Unfortunately, not even large quantities of make-up could cover up my "tired" look I had going on.

Above: View of the sage and a close up of one of the many "Mosquitas" we had floating around!

Sunday I didn't do ANYTHING. I was tired and sore, and I think I have my hubbie's cold...bleah. So for first part of the day we just laid around. Later in the afternoon i did manage to get some work done, we took the boys to the park, and then went out to dinner. So it wasn't a complete waste.

Today has been busy. I am actually typing this "on the go" because I am not going to have much time this afternoon. I grabbed the laptop before I left to get my hot shot from school and am currently sitting in the car typing away while I wait in the pickup line!! Talk about multi-tasking!! We have to hit up the grocery store after lunch and drop off a CD of pictures to a client then home to start dinner, and tackle the mountains of laundry that are taking over my bathroom!! EEEK!! I have been getting really busy with pictures, which is great. I had a session this AM and have another on Thursday and yet another on Saturday!! So that is wonderful! Although soon I am going to have to stop taking apt's because we will be so close to the move. We started our webmove stuff online last night, so now we are just waiting to hear what days we get for the pack out and pickup. We should know by the end of the week! Its so crazy, I can hardly believe we will be leaving in about 5 weeks!!! Where did the past three years go???

Tomorrow we have a hale and farewell to welcome the new CO and also a few new Ensigns and to say goodbye to our current CO and his family. I am looking forward to it, because those are always a good time. The next one we have will be our farewell...crazy. Okay well I am rambling so I will end this. Until tomorrow, hope you all had wonderful weekends and that your weeks' are starting off right! love kp

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you were super busy, that auctionthing looked fun and no you didnt look bad. you did a great job it looks like with the decorations and such. well thanks dude for all the many comments, i really appreciated getting them. i felt like no one really knew what was going on lately and i have some pretty exciting stuff going on. i try to call people sometimes and well the fam is always so busy so its hard, sometimes i dont have many people to tell stuff too, i mean when it happens and all. i find myself telling the people at my work absolutely everything, and so do they to me, isnt that sorta weierd, mayb ejust since is ee them sooo much more than anyone else in my life or something. but anyhow. they are excited for me which is cool too. i am so glad to hear from you tonight, it really was great. miss you tons, and i cant wait to hear about your exciting adventure to Nebraska. that is just so awesome that you guys get to experience all these new places an dlive all over the place. i mean i have already come to the realization that you will always be far away...haha, so at least it gives me some new places to visit, as long as you stayi n the US. and well thats just pretty darn cool that you get to see the world or the country, whichever. haha. well i am off to take a shower, watch some dancing with teh stars then the bachelor, they are both premiers tonight, and i am missing the show as i type this. oh an dby the way, the traveling around with your lap top thing and posting a blog while waiting in teh school pick up line...genious! haha :) thats commitment right there girly! haha :) miss ya bye.

Anonymous said...

sorry i ddi one really long one instead of like 5 little ones, sorry dude. next time ill make more!

Kristen said...

The party looked awesome! Good job! We haven't done too much like that around here. Our command is well, lax in that area.

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Great job on the deco Miss Thang! LOVED the theme! And ya'll look so cute!

Sounds like the busy-ness continues! Good luck on the shoots! Can't wait to see more gallery entries!

And I need to stop using "!'s" so much! LOL

Anonymous said...

just checking for a new posting...have a good weekend and Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

good to hear from ya, i was checking in, nuthin new yet, your prob. busy! keep me posted on the move, what day do you leave GA?