Wednesday, March 26, 2008

playing catch up

My apologies! Last week flew by in a blink and this week has done the same (I can't believe it's already the weekend!!), although for different reasons. Last week was a week of boat fun!! By that I mean we had FOUR different functions last week of boat stuff (five if you include the auction from the week before). We had a hail/farewell for the outgoing CO and then welcomed some new families as well, and then all weekend it was change of command stuff left and right, and I had a photo shoot Saturday morning as well, the big kids Easter party at school, and then Sunday was Easter! Crazy.

But I did manage to get a few pics from one of our get togethers as well as hot shots little party at school. So I am going to post some of those and then I'll continue with the updates!

Hunting Eggs at the Easter Party:



Enjoying some Easter Party Grub:



Some Pics from the Hale/Farewell: Matt receiving his gag gift from Moises, a close up of the gift but really I wanted to show my mom that this is the same fabric that she has covering one of her chairs at home. Apparently XO's wife and my mom have very similar taste...who knew?? And then one of the group!


Cute no? Okay, so lets see. The packers are coming April 21 and 22 and then they come to pick everything up April 23!!! We will load up the troops and start our drive out to the great Midwest!! LESS THAN A MONTH!!! EEEKKK!! I feel so unprepared!! I don't know how that is possible, but somehow it just feels like it's all sneaking up on me until *bam* it's going to punch me in the face! I better start eating a lot of Mad Hatter before I know it I'll be gone and won't have it around!

This past week was spring break down here, so big kid hasn't had school all week, which means I have been busy finding lots of fun things to do so that he doesn't get too bored! This weekend I am scheduled for a 90 min massage at the spa!! I can't wait. I've had a gift certificate I got for Christmas, and if I didn't use it it would just be a waste because I sure can't go after we move! So I am really looking forward to that. Tonight we went down to one of our favorite pizza places on Amelia...we have decided that we are going to eat there every weekend until we leave...it's another place we are REALLY going to miss. Hands down, best pizza I have ever had in my life!!!

Really not much else to report. Busy with work and getting things set up for the move and of course my babies. The little guy is getting all four of his top teeth in right now. Poor little guy. The outside two have broken the gums, and the front two should pop through any day. I feel so bad for him though, I know that has to hurt. Not to mention all the drool!! He is like a faucet! Hot shot is busy as all 3.5 year old boys are. He goes (and talks) non-stop, but the kid just cracks me up! The stuff he says and his cute little personality are just too funny. I am blessed...when nothing else seems to go right, those two little guys can always make me smile.

Okay, off to watch "Enchanted" with the hubs and enjoy the start to a nice weekend! Hope to be back more next week and actually have substantial posts again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see an update, nice to see some pics...where are you? it sucks to be the photographer in the fam, that means you never get any pics of yourself. i feel that pain. no one likes pictures except me, so that leaves me to take them all. better get my batteries charged up for MONDAY! I am def. getting some pictures taken of us, with keys and going to the house! all that fun stuff. I cant wait. so the big day is April 23rd! wowza....midwest is where its at girl! haha :) too bad its not farther EAST and NORTH and OHIO! haha. ok so anyhow keep me posted, love to hear about all this stuff, i am tryign to keep you updated as well i knwo its busy but i love to know whats going on every little chance i get. i am going to have quite the week next week but i WILL try to keep ya posted along with some pictures. i will need to do some before after shots of the house...inside, since we are totally re doing some stuff! and YES we are painting first, we arent even moving a single thing until we paint the entire downstairs and guest bathroom. unfortunately the bedroom will have to wait bc we are doing ALL NEW bedroom stuff, headboard, bedding, pillows the whole nine yards, which means we have to pick it out first and right now, we have much too much to do and pay for to do that right quick. but soon we will. also the master bath i will need to figure out the plan for that as well. and the office too. i think i will go room by room eventually once we get some sort of order in place of how we want things...soooo exciting. to acutally pull my car up in MY very own garage an dnot have to carry my groceries 988766556 feet up 99878764565765 flights of stairs will be amazing. and not have to take my doggies down the0907987868 flights of stairs to walk them at night will be wonderful! :) i am seriously so excited. well this has been a novel i am sure, but i wanted t update you and write you and let you kno wi am thinking of you guys and best of luck with the move and all that comes with it. i cant wait to come visit! be sure to let me know when a goo dmonth seems to be and we'll arrange smoething...so summer time will be like ohio right??? cuase rmember i cant visit the SOUTH in the SUMMER...thats my new rule! sooo what do ya think? OHIO ISH weather? let me know. lvoe ya tell all your boys i said Whats up and love ya. byeeee

Anonymous said...

Wow, we looked at the hail and farewell pic and were like...uh, ok, we know 3 of those guys!

Sounds like things are rolling along, busy but progressing eh?

Enjoy your massage and keep updating when you can!

Anonymous said...

checkin in...saying hieee. i am kinda bored, but i am sure it will pick up here soon as late afternoon hits...hope you guys are having a great weekend. anything else new and exciting. you know i dont think i ever saw your new wood floors...did you ever take a pic and show me those? i have a mental picture! soooo just saying hi, does anyone write on myspace anymore? i am beginning to think not. miss you tons! byeee