Monday, October 13, 2008

Pickin' Pumpkins

This weekend was a nice one. Laid back, relaxed, and with Columbus day we even get an extra day to just spend time as a family!! Saturday we had big kids soccer game, then it was home for what we like to call family nap time (we ALL took naps) then it was off to the pumpkin patch! The boys had a great time, and we found some good pumpkins for Halloween!

The hubby with his boys - on the tractor ride out to the patch

The "pumpkin whisperer" - our little munchkin thought it was SO fun to "talk" to the pumpkins. He would lean down like you see here and just babble on and on. It was quite entertaining!

Looking for the perfect pumpkin!

It's a good thing I have better luck with other peoples kids than I do with my own when it comes to taking pictures. They are such goof balls! But I'll keep 'em cause they are just too darn cute!

Sunday was long run day, which really wasn't all that long. I went 10. A little shorter than I was going to run, but I was running into 20-25 mph sustained winds and it was exhausting! I feel more tired today than I did after my 20 mile long run last week!! But my time was pretty good, so I am happy with that. I'm looking forward to the marathon, and then going back to my "usual" routine of switching things up. I love to run, but a change of pace will be nice for awhile!
The rest of the day we played outside, visited with neighbors, made a family trip to target, and played outside some more. It was a nice day out despite the wind so we took advantage of it. Today it's rainy out, so we may take the boys to the mall to play to burn off some energy.
Alright, well that's it for me today. Hope ya'll had a nice weekend and I'll be back tomorrow with TatT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures...they're just too handsome! Sounds like a fun time! And DID you find the perfect pumpkin?!