Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tuesday at the Table...a few days late

I know...it's Thursday which means that this is LATE but this week has been so busy I FEEL like it should be Tuesday...it's just going by so fast. My big kid is turning FOUR this weekend...how is that possible??? I still remember when I found out I was preggers with him like it was yesterday - now here we are 2 kids later, and he's turning 4. It goes by way too fast.

I really haven't done a whole lot of exciting cooking this week. Mostly because we have been on the go go go all week, so there's been lots of quick and easy stuff going on! But I did do a little baking last night for a MOMS Club meeting this morning. Every month we have a food "theme" and this month was "scary treats" (go figure). So I made some butter cookies with a thin glaze on top. They turned out GREAT!! If you would like the recipe just email me and I'll send it along! It's a good one. They are light and buttery with a hint of almond. YUMMY! And they hold their shape really well when baked.
MMMMM - BUTTER and SUGAR!!

Ready to be baked

BOO!!



I think they turned out pretty darn cute! And they got good reviews, but really, how can you go wrong with butter and sugar??
I hope you all are having a great week! Sorry for my slacking (for the very few of you who read this) but I have a few posts scheduled, so check back tomorrow :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute cookies, i want to eat them, i am going to become anorexic so that when i come to visit i dont gain 95 pounds for real...i want to eat everything you post on here. time is counting down...what do we have now...OMG its like 12 days away, i cant beleive it i feel like i bought the tickets quite some time ago. now its less than 2 weeks it will be here before you know it. and you better have your camera ready to go girl when i get there bc we are taking tons of pictures...we slacked last time till last night, but i mean you did just have a baby and all...but hey this time we are going to picture it up! :) cant wait, i am counting down the days....i just need one more day of dog sitter put in place :)

Anonymous said...

Cute cookies and they sound DELISH!!!