Monday, June 2, 2008

The 3 Fs

Family, Friends, and Fitness...that is pretty much how this weekend went down!!

Family: As with most weekends, we had a great time just the four of us (minus my night out Friday). Saturday was a beautiful day here, sunny, warm and fabulous. We decided to go camping. Figuring that the munchkin may not be up for a whole night in a tent, we decided that we would "camp" in the backyard. Our hot shot had a BLAST and is already asking to do it again. The munchkin and I did end up sleeping inside, but the hubs and hot shot "roughed it" through the night! Here are a few pics from Camp P.

Helping Daddy set up the tent and my big boy!!
Munchkin and Hot Shot

No Camp out would be complete without some SMORES...

Hanging in the tent with my big kid, Hubs setting up the camping chairs and "flashlight" tag with The Sammy!

Friends: The weekend started off great because my girl Sam called me and we got to catch up a bit! I talk to her a lot online and stuff, but it was great to hear her voice and set my mood to "happy" for the rest of the weekend! Later that night I went to the Sex and the City Premiere and it was a good time. One of the girls I went with I met at that cookout, but the other one I hadn't met...turns out her hubby and mine were in OCS together...kind of funny. We had a nice time and it was fun to get out and do something a little different.

Fitness: I had a great run on Saturday morning. I'm boosting my miles back up slowly so Saturday I was set for 5 miles. The run was great, I felt strong, energetic and didn't have any pain! I was a little slower than I would have liked to be, but I'm not too worried about that. Right now I just need to focus on having strong runs and no injuries. Then Sunday afternoon while all the boys were napping I went to the gym. Did an easy two miles and than jumped in the pool and swam another mile. Gosh, I really miss swimming. I wish I could do more of it. I just find it so calming and I always feel great when I am done.

Okay, well that about sums up our weekend. I hope you all had a great one and I'll be back again soon! love kp

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

OMG what cute pics!

The webchat was fun today. We need to make that a regular thing!

Will get your Nike swimsuit out this week.

Anonymous said...

so i am going to manage to read on here, but i might not be able to update too, sitting too long will end up hurting, i was googling lower back pain...haha am I 50? ok so camping in your backyard and playing flash light tag and such, you guys are too freakin cute! :) i mean really now...smores, your kids must be the luckiest kids alive, for real. you guys are such great parents. those things they will remember i am sure of it! think of what we remember, hiding in the basement and pretending to be asleep so we wouldnt get in trouble all the time! "hello daddy" stealing his car, etc. oh what great times. ha! well on to the next one, you guys look like your having so much fun, i bet its great to have matt around all the time, and your yard is sooo pretty. i got a smile when i saw caleb playing with sammy... :) i love her!

Anonymous said...

thats it for tonight, off to rest now and heat my back. i think that what syour supposed to do.but not sure? ok byeee :)