Monday, June 23, 2008

rambling updates

I started this Monday: so just pretend I that I posted it then!

Don't have a whole lot to write about today. Didn't take any pictures of the big kid's lessons, but I did take a few of the yummy dinner I made which I will post. Check this out: I got the recipe off of this website and it was a winner!! It's pan cooked halibut over a variety of veggies. I think next time I'll do spinach instead of the potatoes that the recipe calls for, but it was quite tasty. The first is a close up, the next a picture of the hubs plate to show the full deal.


I think this week I'll be posting a lot about food. I have a few new recipes to try out this week and am also baking a cake as a "test run" for the munchkins birthday! Can you believe he will be one in just a few weeks!! But because I am trying out my new recipes I figure I'll show them off here. I don't cook new stuff often so this is pretty big stuff for me!

Moving on from food...we had a great weekend. It was really laid back and just all around great. Of course part of that was that I totally blew off cleaning this weekend, but that's okay. I've been doing little today and will just clean through out the week. Friday night we went and watched Austin play. The boys had a good time, and Dublin was winning when we left. Here is a pic of my boys watching the game.

Saturday I did my 7 mile run. It was painful. Not physically painful just mentally. Every step was a struggle for the first 2 miles. I finally found a groove around mile 3 and that lasted until 6 then it was a struggle again to finish. But I finished, and my time wasn't too bad, so I am still happy with it, but man oh man, it sure wasn't one of my more enjoyable runs. Oh well, this weekends 8 miler is guaranteed to be better!!

Sunday was church followed by our traditional after church brunch. I love Sundays. I love waking up to the sounds of the hubs playing with the boys and watching cartoons. I love going to church, and then getting brunch after. I love the lazy afternoons that follow, and just enjoying my family that I am so blessed to have. I think if I had to pick a favorite day of the week, Sunday would be it by far. Okay, well now that I have rambled about absolutely nothing and you have probably all jumped ship at this point I am going to wrap this up. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and I'll be back again! Hopefully with something of more substance...hehe ;).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics. wow whatta dinner. your too susie homemaker for me! haha :) send me the pictures from Fridays baseball game! i am dying to see them! bye.

Anonymous said...

The meal is beautiful! If there were a pork chop on there I'd be all over it! ha ha!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend and start to your week...baseball always makes for a fun time!

Kristen said...

Looks yummy! I love those overalls on the little one. Too cute!