Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sweet surprises and happy endings...

Well today has been a wonderful (yet very busy day). Won't go into a ton of detail because, well I just don't have the time, but I'll note the highlights.

The morning was full of running around until finally it was time to pick Caleb up from school. When we got home I had a package on the front porch. Knowing it was a box of goodies from Sam I quickly got the boys settled and then tore into that sucker so fast it didn't know what hit it! Before my eyes were cookies of all kinds: shortbreads, chocolate chocolate chip, espresso chip, banana mounds...just to name a few. I quickly ate one of each then feeling slightly guilty put the rest up for later, and stuck some in the freezer. So...BIG thanks Sam that was a wonderful treat and worth every little bite. They were all fabulous, and it's going to take some major self control not to binge later after my dinner settles.

Now, for my next highlight. Fast forward a few hours (four) and my phone rings...on the other end a voice I would know anywhere and am always happy to hear. Yup, you guessed it...Matt!! After a two day delay, they arrived home this morning. I love homecomings. That moment when all the anxiety and anticipation is over and all is right with the world...you're a family again. There is nothing like the feeling of pulling up and seeing your guy after days/weeks/or in most cases months. That feeling right there, the absolute joy and bliss makes all the time away fade into a distant memory. It's the best.

So, because we are a family again, I am going to sign off for the night. I'll be back tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful night! Happy hump day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I hope Matt had a good run...even if somewhat stinky! Glad ya'll are a whole unit again...and for a few years now! Welcome Home Matt and crew!

Glad you enjoyed the treats! And good timing with Matt landing home today too! I only waited so long to send a box because, well, your baking is amazing so I figured you'd have no need for mine! ha ha!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

YAYYY matty poo is home! how exciting, and he is done being away from you guys for what 2 whole years now, in good ol' nebraska! haha yee haw. i feel like you say yee haw in nebraska, or become a farmer, either way...miss you guys and so glad matt is home safe! tell him i said hi and ...well you know whwat else to ask him for me! haha ;) devilish grin. haha, and tell the boys that i miss them and aunt nat will visit as soon as you settle in your new home!!! wriet me soon ok. and hey went to see Will Ferrell comedy tour tonight he=was HIlarious! great ti mes ok g'night.